Friday, July 24, 2020

சமைத்து பார் - மணம் கமழும் ரசம்

It has been a long long time since I updated the blog, and specifically the சமைத்து பார் series. I was encouraged to do so given that
  • Varalakshmi Vratam is fast approaching :-)
  • I happened to chance on a saved file from Chennai Online (published 26th April, 2004 !) on how to make Mysore rasam that was authored by a person called Jayam (which is maybe another reason for me to save it)
  • I remembered a video recording of my mother on how to make lemon rasam (see here for an older post on இரு புளி குழம்பு) that I am unfortunately unable to trace (I am sure it is on same hard drive somewhere; it was on my PC for long, but I see that it has been deleted when I tried to locate it there today, looking under several folders)
  • Over the last several months, with the almost virtual coronavirus lockdown,  Vidya has ramped up the number (sheer variety) of things she makes at home, and I will post some of those later..
In any case, on a previous trip to India, I came across several recipes that Manimma had jotted down under the  heading
"அறுசுவை அரசு" நடராஜன் எழுதியது 

Rather than type the entire recipe up, I have decided to simply paste the scan over here one at a time :-) (click on the images to view larger versions)

No comments:

Post a Comment