Saturday, June 15, 2024

Memories from Jamshedpur (TataNagar) - Part 1: Prelude

 On the occasion of Father's Day, and noting that the varshaabdikam of my father is approaching next week, I had reposted some old photos (plus some new ones) on the WhatsApp group that was created to share his memories. 

Those photos were from the lovely (what lovely names even for Ambal) MaanendiyaValli/MrigadharambikaChandrasekhara Swamy Koil, the Tiruchendurai Perumal Koil which was and continues to hold untold number of bhajanai sessions, Rama Navami utsavams, Seetha Kalyanam etc.) and surroundings (Trichy Rockfort temple, Srirangam, Gunaseelam Prasanna Venkateshvara Perumal, Mukkombu etc). 

 In the Trichy Uchchi Pillaiyar koil picture (below)

and the "Group  at Mukkombu" (below)

It is possible to see a large number of family members, including Yoga Athai, Athimber, Balu Anna, the 4 brothers, Manimma, Shantha Akka, Mala Akka, Ambi Anna, Raja Anna, Mythili Akka, Subash Anna, Perumal, and several other people. The one that says "Group at Mukkombu" is the oldest one I could find of all 4 brothers !

What made me really happy is a photo I found that my father had taken in 1955, and a very similar one that I took on a much more recent trip and just noticed the similarity :-) I let the readers judge for themselves. The 1955 photo is captioned "தாயுமானவர் கோபுரம் JUNE'55"


I will continue this post with photos from Jamshedpur in Part 2 shortly !

No comments:

Post a Comment